Helpful guidelines when contacting your legislators:
- When writing an email or letter, start with the greeting, Dear State Senator [insert last name here] OR Dear State Representative [insert last name here].
- When calling by phone or meeting in-person, call them by Senator [insert last name here] OR Representative [insert last name here].
- Use proper language and etiquette when sharing your story and viewpoint.
- Reference the specific bill title and number.
- Cite one or two reasons they should support the bill. (If you have proton therapy experience, absolutely mention it.)
- Thank them for considering your viewpoint.
Exception to being short: If you have been denied proton therapy treatment by insurance, tell your complete story.
Provide your name, address, and phone number. Your communication will be more impactful with this information, as your legislators will be able to see that they represent you. Your focus will be on the one Senator and one Representative for the district where you live.